Saturday, June 14, 2014

A real award

Yesterday, June 13, 2014, I received a wonderful honor at the annual NH Hospice and Palliative Care Organization meeting. I was the 2014 winner of the Ira Byock and Yvonne Corbeil award for innovation in palliative care. From the email notifying me I was nominated:

The criteria for the Annual Ira Byock and Yvonne Corbeil Award is: to recognize an individual, team or organization in Northern New England who has demonstrated innovation and collaboration to:
Improve quality
Expand access, and/or
Increase efficiency

in delivering the best end-of-life care possible to New Hampshire residents.

I was honestly surprised to have been nominated and even more surprised to have won. Janice was reading off the nominees' names and bios and I was actually really interested in them: I didn't know Dr. Saunders done that or that Shawn LaFrance had all those intersting jobs or o my gosh, that was name and it seems to be in the same sentence with "the winner of this year's award." I went to the front and got some (hopefully) nice pictures taken with Janice and Carla. If they will allow, I'll post them later. Here is a picture of the award:

I will be hanging it in my DHC office. I am very proud and happy, appreciative of those who nominated me and did all the work of writing the letter, the committee who voted for me, the patients who allow me to take care of them, Steve and Barbara who point me in the right direction, my friends and family who support and love me so well. I promise to work hard to deserve this honor this year and going forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment