Thursday, June 13, 2013

last day of the first year

Depending on exactly when you place my diagnosis: June 14 when my labs were abnormal and they said I might have leukemia or June 15 when I had my bone marrow biopsy, they told me I did have leukemia and bundled me up to Lebanon, either today or tomorrow is the last day of my first year of leukemia.
Last year, on June 14, I was at CMC's cancer committee in the morning with the pathologist who made the call on my lab work, the oncologist who did my bone marrow biopsy, etc. This morning, I was at cancer committee again: same players. Making it even more surreal, I had not been to a cancer committee in the interim. Last time I went, I got diagnosed with leukemia. Who knows what they'll diagnose me with this time! Fortunately, it seems nothing.
This morning, in fact, I got pulled out of cancer committee after about fifteen minutes to attend to a patient at the hospice house who was having a very bad day so I did not get the full experience of how weird it all was to be doing one of the activities I most strongly associate with my diagnosis. We only meet quarterly so I'll have to wait until September to have that experience.
Moth eaten hair from a little more than a year ago. I didn't seem to have a picture related to tumor board to post.
I am grateful for all the help I have had this past year. I am hopeful to be able to pass on the favor over the coming years. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment