Saturday, November 30, 2013

One year

The path ahead. Taken in New Foundland by me last month.
When I read the leukemia literature, it talks about the probability of events (you know, "events") at one year, two years, etc. It was not always clear if it was one year post diagnosis or post treatment so I asked Dr Bengtson and she said it was usually measured post treatment end. Since then, I've been waiting patiently to be one year post treatment and now, it can be said. It's a little anti-climatic, but there you go: I am now one year post-treatment. Remember all that fun: the fevers, the missing hair, the platelets (ok, the missing platelets), the fragility, weakness and confusion? All of it, over a year gone.

In other more interesting news, Terry has his open studio today and tomorrow so if you have a hankering to go to Kittery, visit him too.

May we have long, beautiful paths ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment