Monday, April 1, 2013

Day 289 - it's a big circle

Now that it's getting around to nine months since I was diagnosed, I am starting to do things that I associate with my diagnosis. I remember when I was being induced (that is doctor talk for the month long admission that started the treatment off), I was being a tester for the ABIM board exam. They asked again this year and I said 'yes.' I remember the doctors (especially the residents) thinking it was funny that I was doing that test last year while I was getting chemo. I must admit I thought it was pretty funny too. I did a couple of the questions tonight and it was very odd because I remember clearly the last time I did those questions was in room thirteen (113,  think). As I reflected on that, I realized that everyone is a year further along in their lives. My cute little intern who saw me as her first patient of her first day in residency is almost a second year. My fabulous third years who were so kind and knowlegeable are almost graduated. I feel sort of like when you see your friend's kids that you haven't seen in years and you expect them to still be little.
I am getting close to the time I have to really panic about boards, too. I could have taken them last year, but really did not have the heart, stomach or bone marrow to do the necessary studying. I can't leave it to the last year possible because if I fail, I can't work. I guess I better get planning how I'm going to study; I have to pass the test by the end of 2015.

Here is a picture of the windows weaving hanging next to a painting Ellie did a while ago. I am very pleased with how it came out. I don't know if you can tell, but the colors going up and down are crossed against the same colors going left to right so that the top row is blue and the left most column is blue, the next column is white, then blue-green, then pink, etc. The diagonal from the topleft to the bottomright is the "pure" colors where both the warp and weft are the same. I really love it. I hope you like it too. My loom is back together, but I have done zip zero weaving in weeks.
I am thankful for the chance to do another year's worth of everything. I am hopeful for lots more years and the same for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment