Sunday, July 8, 2012

Day 22

July 8, 2012 is shaping up to be a very nice day. Diane is coming to visit me in a while. My counts have not changed yet and today was the first day that they would have expected them to, but my attending, Marc Gautier says that it looks like my white cells may be actually coming back and instead of circulating so we can find them in a lab draw, they are heading right to an inflamed area that is in TMI-land so you'll just have to take my word for it.

A funny thing happened to me yesterday. I had a sudden very strong desire to see one of my doctor pals up here to tell them about a horrible "customer service" type experience I had here. I have decided that of everyone I know this particular person is the ideal person to fix it and I really wanted to see them so that I could get them to fix it. I realized that I was feeling like this hospitalization was drawing to a close and I wanted to get everything done that I had planned to do during it. I had decided this, mind you, based on no information at all, it was more like an internal shift, a completely unconscious thing. Hopefully my unconscious mind has access to info that my conscious mind doesn't and is not just wishful thinking.

 I continue to be very tired and continue to believe this is my immune system ramping up and sapping all my energy. There is a time in the hospital between 0500 and 0700 when everyone and their dog comes in to do vitals, weigh you, give you antibiotics, turn off the IV, say hello, say goodbye, bring you breakfast, etc. I was so tired this morning that I dreamed I was on a bus in Rio de Janiero, lost, and could not stay awake long enough to figure out where I was. This dream wove in and out of people coming in to do their morning thing with me. In my dream, I kept asking people for help, but then falling asleep in my dream so that they couldn't really answer. When you are so tired that you sleep in your dreams, you know you are tired!

They have red popsicles here that I can have whenever I want so that is a newly discovered plus and Dr Gautier says I should take two showers a day to help out those unmentionable mucous membranes. Add a visit from Diane and it's a great day.

Hope back to work is pleasant enough for everyone tomorrow and maybe take a minute to appreciate your mucous membranes. Love from she of the impaired mucous membranes.

No comments:

Post a Comment