Sunday, August 12, 2012

Day 57 no news today

Not much to report here. Another quiet day. I was incredibly tired this whole morning, like I felt overcoming gravity to raise a cup to my mouth required a lot of effort. Unsure why it started or why it left, but it did indeed leave after a noon nap and then the rest of the day my energy was pretty normal. I cooked macaroni and cheese from scratch, did a couple loads of the ever present laundry, went grocery shopping, wove and am not too exhausted at the end of the day.

Yesterday (a full 3 days after my last dose of chemo), I woke with a cytarabine rash. It moved around, thighs, calves, antecubital fossae and then faded mostly. There was a midnight recurrence last night, but none today. The poor dog does not like the taste of sarna lotion pretty clearly. She licked my knee indiscriminately this morning as she usually does to greet me and stopped in midlick. I feel a little bad to think this, but it was kind of funny.

We went to the gas station and you're probably not surprised to know that I know the guy who usually pumps for me by name. We hadn't seen each other since before my diagnosis so I had to give him the scoop and I am sure he just didn't know what to say, but if one does not know anything about leukemia, it's ok to say so. A worse option is to mention distant relatives who died from leukemia even if it was decades ago. This is a particularly unwelcome conversation to have in front of my children. He's a nice person and I know didn't mean anything badly, but let's try harder next time please.

That's all the news from here. Perhaps your life is more interesting than mine today. This may or may not be a good thing. Hope it's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment