Saturday, March 30, 2013

News unrelated to Agnes

Three times since New Year's I have gotten mild cellulitis of the nasal tip, just to the left of the tip of my right nostril. Not a huge patch, but it doesn't take a very large patch of bright red or even pink in that location before one feels quite noticeable. It goes away with some combination of neosporin and on its own. It recurs each time I get a runny nose, most recently this week. Three's the charm so I called my doctor's office to ask what they thought I should do. (Look how good I'm being! I *called*; I *asked*; I didn't just do what I thought I should.) They agreed with what I thought and asked me to stop by and swab my nose. This morning, it was growing staph aureus, sensitivities pending. Drat. Hoping for M*S*SA. I'll let you know.

I am thankful that I have not had any worse problems with resistant organisms. Given that my ANC was 200 when I was diagnosed and I was hanging around in a hospital, that is a huge piece of good fortune. I am hopeful for antibiotic sensitivity and that my port wound continues to heal nicely. I hope for you that you can avoid resistant organisms effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment