Thursday, February 21, 2013

Day 250 - bad dreams

Today had a sad event which was fun at the time but represents the last time all five of us Home, Health and Hospice providers will spend an hour of time together. Meg is retiring next month and then there will be four. I have known Meg since I've been in New Hampshire as we both used to practice in Exeter, too. It will be sad to be without her, but she will be retiring and having lots of fun travelling around.
Remember how I used to have all those anxiety dreams? I remember it used to be like days 14 to 21 or something of every cycle. I haven't had any in ages, but I guess my brain kind of missed them so last night I caught up by having five. I don't remember the details of the first few, one involved a train coming at me with a huge bright light. The last two involved a person with a gun. Dream #4 involved a person with a gun who couldn't figure out how to shoot around the corner and so I was able to escape them by going down a side corridor. I tried to call 911 for help, but when I did all that I got was put on hold while a "This American Life" about the Chicago 911 line played. Dream #5 involved a person who walked around the corner and into the corridor I was in. I was able to escape them by waking up, but it took forever to fall asleep again and I was not all that happy when the alarm went off this morning. I can't really think of anything I did to set them off, hopefully they won't return again tonight. I don't have another set of labs until next week. If the dreams come every night until I get my labs, I'll be begging Dr. Hill to do labs early.
Tomorrow should be just a regular work day. For myself, I will hope for a night without bad dreams or the insight to figure out why I'm having them. For you, I will hope for a little bit of release from any anxiety you have. If you don't have anxiety, I will hope for you the wisdom to see how fortunate you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment