Saturday, December 1, 2012

Day 168 - 167 too

First, let me tell you the exciting things from yesterday. I started my day off with a quick trip to Manch to talk with my boss about going back to work. Kind of exciting, no? There is some controversy. Dr. Hill thinks I should stay out until mid-Jan, but I think I am ready to go back mid-Dec. I really don't want to feel at all like I am taking advantage of the incredibly generous benefits that Dartmouth has. I think I'm lively enough that I could start working soon. I'll keep you posted. It is always nice to remember my worklife out there waiting and to visit it so I enjoyed the trip in. It was also nice to see some of my old work friends. Mostly people are very nice and extremely tactful and happy. One person who must have been caught by surprise by seeing me said something that implied they were surprised to see me still alive! That Dr. Hill, he's a miracle worker.

Me, upright, in a blouse that Tanya made and gave me. You can also see how much hair I'm getting!

If you don't read xkcd, you should, but for sure, you should read today's. You could pretty much stop reading the blog now; I think he does such a good job of summarizing the whole "what's it like to be a young-ish person with cancer?" issue.

In other excitement, Diane and I went to the Beach Plum's indoor restaurant and I am ready to pronounce it every bit as good as the outdoor stand except for the view. Diane is doing well and it was nice to see her. We stopped at Matt's to buy fruit and he is also selling wreaths and Christmas trees now. Diane decorated a wreath for my family--very pretty and smells nice, too.
I can't make it a scratch and sniff picture, sadly
Ellie had play practice after school and on the way home, her friend asked if she could spend the night so--surprise--no kids! We went out to the Blue Moon and had a nice snack and drink. Ellie arrived home this morning not too tired nor too grouchy. After some sleepovers, people are so cranky you can't believe it.

Today the big news is that I finished my current weaving project. I wish I could show it to you because I am thrilled with it, but it is a present for a regular blog reader so I'll have to show you after Christmas.

Tonight is the Exeter Christmas parade which I love to go to, but some people in the house are too old and dignified to go to it anymore. Instead, Terry and I are going to go to a friend's house for dinner. For me, I will hope the parade goes well, with no frostbite or MVCs. For you? I will hope for a pleasant evening with no unpleasant surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment